Manufacturing ERP Help For Following challenges
- Increase efficiency
- Eliminate unnecessary downtime
- Enhance manufacturing production and performance
- Improve supply chain visibility
What is ERP in Manufacturing
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software is the backbone for manufacturing software to monitor, track, trace and communicate business and manufacturing activities throughout the supply chain.
What Is Manufacturing Software?
Manufacturing ERP software assists with the planning and execution of manufacturing projects by tracking suppliers, materials and production costs and supporting the maintenance of relationships with end customers. This class of software covers the gamut of ERP—from the accounting systems that track accounts for international giants, to the shop scheduling system that your local metal shop uses. Regardless of the scale of the system, software for manufacturers helps increase productivity and improve management of the product life cycle—from design concept to production planning to field service.
Common Features of Manufacturing Software System
- Material requirements planning (MRP)
Automates the front end of the production process. Functions include planning and costing of materials, labor and equipment; automated quoting; order processing and resource scheduling. Systems should also process advanced shipping notification from suppliers to reduce receiving errors and report any changes in cycle counts for inventory management.
- Manufacturing execution system (MES)
Controls the actual production phase and shop floor operations. Functions include work-in-progress reporting, production tracking, labor tracking, equipment utilization and scrap reporting.
- Manufacturing accounting
Manages all of the financial transactions and operations for a company. In addition to the traditional accounting functions of general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, inventory and payroll, the accounting application includes support for sales orders, purchase orders, change orders, work-in-progress reports and job costing modules.
- Production planning & scheduling
Creates production schedules, including reviewing inventory levels, tracking lead times and making build-versus-buy decisions. This is a subset of MRP; planning and scheduling does not generally include automatic ordering or inventory tracking functionality.
- Product life cycle management (PLM)
Organizes all manufacturing information around to the designing, producing, supporting and disposing of manufactured goods. May include computer-aided design software, bill of materials data and document management.
Feature of Manufacturing ERP System
- Customer Service & Order Management
- Advanced Planning & Scheduling (APS)
- Production Control
- Materials & Inventory Management
- Financial Management & Analytics
- Document Management & Automation / Going Green
- Personalization Framework & Toolset
- Multi-Plant / Site Operations
- Sales Management
- E-Commerce Portals
Manufacturing Resource Planning Software Businesses operate by focusing on the following integrals:
- Product data management
- Manufacturing, planning, scheduling and execution
- Automated data collection
- Compliance management
- Lean processing
- Total quality management
- Advanced planning and scheduling
- Product life cycle management
How Is The Manufacturing Software Industry Adopting ERP Systems?
Manufacturing companies are looking for standalone solutions which they can use to get data anytime, anywhere with complete options for scalability, without adding burdens to internal resources. They are looking for ways to control risk by assessing the critical data without affecting their freedom for customisation. They are widening their requirements to include handheld device of their users. They are looking for business intelligence. Companies are looking to provide a platform that allows tighter integration between the customers and suppliers and the manufacturing process. Manufacturing companies are more profitable with Fast ERP technology.
How Does ERP Benefit Manufacturing Companies?
- Manufacturing ERP System adds better managerial capabilities to manage the product data. It provides the capability required to track different aspects of the manufacturing company: the numbers, bills, routes and work centres all together so that the change within a product can be managed and controlled, based on its lifecycle phase.
- For manufacturing companies, Fast ERP has the ability to turn a complex and comprehensive manufacturing plan into one which is well organised and easy to use with data accuracy and readiness for reproduction. The Fast ERP combine Master Production Schedule (MPS) with Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) to support all the control interventions in both the discrete and continuous production lines, with room for making linear adjustments to modify the result and meet changing demands from the customers.
- Manufacturing Fast ERP System tools provide the comprehensive requirements to track production, as well as relevant operations for completing, scrapping and reworking results with quality. They create the flexibility that manufacturing companies require in their discrete and continuous production processes.
- Manufacturing Fast ERP System provides control over quality management. It will extend your capabilities to maintain quality in the process chain by inspecting and testing raw materials, in-process-materials and finished products.
- The latest principles for inventory or process handling which the manufacturing company .
- Process route verification in a simulated environment is another important advantage of Fast ERP, and supplier performance analysis and management are available with such tools.